Camille’s, Winner of Best Pastry Chef, Christmas Shortbread Cookies
Parts: 4, Preparation: 15 min, Cooking: 15 min, Category: Dessert, Cuisine: French
- Flour: 250 g – 8.81849 ounce
- Icing sugar: 60 g – 2.11644 ounce
- Softened Butter: 100 g – 3.5274 ounce
- Egg yolks: 2
- Liquid cream: 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla sugar: 1 sachet
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- In a salad bowl, mix the flour with the sugar, the vanilla sugar, and a pinch of salt.
- Make a hole in the center and add the egg yolks and the cream.
- Add the softened butter and knead quickly.
- Blend everything and spread between two sheets of parchment paper and place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Shape with cookie cutters of different forms (snowflakes, stars etc.).
- Put in the oven for about fifteen minutes.
Camille’s tip :
Put the pre-spread dough in the freezer allows easy cutting of shapes and the dough keeps this perfect shape for cooking without sagging.